History and Mission
The Youngstown Metropolitan Housing Authority is a housing organization dedicated to creating and managing healthy and enriching housing environments for its residents. YMHA seeks to accomplish this by:
- Encouraging economic, cultural and racial diversity within its housing developments.
- Managing up-to-date, attractive and well-maintained rental housing for qualified families in Mahoning County.
- Utilizing rental assistance programs to create additional affordable housing opportunities in Mahoning County.
- Assisting senior citizens with secure and independent living environments in Mahoning County at an affordable price.
- Taking the lead in innovative resident services focusing on the advancement of employment and education including youth enrichment, childcare and home ownership programs.
YMHA believes in enhancing the quality of life of its residents by providing attractive, secure, affordable housing and innovative programs designed to enable residents to achieve a higher level of economic and social self-sufficiency.